Monday, June 7, 2021

Healing Prayers in Psalms

By: Shaila Touchton | April 12, 2017 We are able to call on our Father for healing and the Psalms offer a perfect way to do that. we NEVER demand anything from God except we pray and request as follows ACTS A = Adoration sets the tone and reminds us God is worthy C = Confession = deal with sin specifically T = Thanksgiving God is moved when we express our thanks S = Supplication requests for family, church, people and personal If we request this from God he will surly hear us. It is such an incredible feeling that the gift of scriptures brings into our lives. Learning of the Lord’s promises and studying his guidance for our lives provides us with direction and a sense of protection from the harms of the world. There is such healing in the words of the Psalms. Here are just five verses that capture that. Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am languishing; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are shaking with terror. (Psalm 6:2) I believe I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage... (Psalm 27:13-14) O Lord my God, I cried to You for help, and You have healed me. (Psalm 30:2) Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress; he sent out his word and healed them… (Psalm 107:19-20) He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds. (Psalm 147:3) “O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.” Psalm 30:2 “Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.” Psalm 34:19-20 “To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble. The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies. The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.” Psalm 41:1-3 “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” Psalm 41:1-3 “Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.” Psalm 41:1-3 “A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 41:1-3 “I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Psalm 27:13-14 “Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” Psalm 27:13-14 “I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.” Psalm 27:13-14 Category: Healing and Deliverance Tags: Healing Prayers in Psalms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walking with God

Walking with God is not rejecting or walking away from God's truth We cannot truly walk with God unless we agree with Him To walk with...